The Li+AGE Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery is a lightweight 100 amp hour battery weighing approx 12.8 Kg.
This battery has a Bluetooth battery monitor built-in, which connects to any mobile phone via an App, this is a major plus because it saves installation costs of battery monitors, no need to run cables, cut holes, etc.
This is a simple replacement solution to the standard 12-volt regular lead-acid battery, except Lithium will give you twice as much usable energy compared to lead-acid and weighs half as much, which is a plus in any caravan.
The advantages of Lithium batteries are now well documented, and as you already know they are much more efficient and faster at absorbing energy during the charge cycle, actually about 10 times faster. Now it is possible to harvest solar energy between cloudy periods much quicker with a solar system, this is important, because the energy input from the solar controller varies hugely between overcast periods and sunny periods, in other word make hay quickly while the sun shines.
Most standard AC 240 to 12 volt DC chargers in existing caravans and motor-homes will only charge these lithium batteries up to about 85% because these chargers were designed for lead-acid batteries, but if you have a modern solar system then it is often possible to change the charge parameters so that the battery gets its full and complete charge through the solar system. If you do not have a solar system then you will have to upgrade your AC charger to one that is capable of dealing with lithium batteries
The batteries come with a built-in battery management system that regulates the cells whilst charging and also has a blue tooth battery monitor that links to an app on your mobile phone, that way you can always tell through the app how much energy you are drawing, the state of charge, battery voltage, etc
- Lightweight compact battery
- No fumes or smells due to the batteries sealed nature
- No need to maintain water levels
- Extraordinary life cycle @ 2000 times
- Built-in the battery management system
- A built-in blue tooth battery monitor links to App on Andriod & iOS
- Bluetooth Communication: via App for Android & iOS
- Size: 328 x 175 x 218 mm (L x W x H)
- Discharge cut-off voltage (recommended) 11.2 volt
- Charging cut-off voltage (recommended) 14.4 volt
- 2.5 hour fast recharge time
- Maximum charge current 60A
- Maximum continuous discharge current 120 A
- Capacity: 100Ah
- Weight Approx: 12.8kg
- Operating Temp Range Discharge: -20ºC~60ºC
- Charge: 0ºC~50ºC
- Storage: -20ºC~60ºC
- Average at 25ºC Self-Discharge 6 months
- Please charge batteries before using
- Terminal type E 8mm thread
- 3 Year Factory Warranty
- Bulk charge (stage 1) 14 - 14.8 V
- Absorption charge (stage 2) 14 - 14.8 V
- Float charge (stage 3) 13.3 - 13.8 V
RecommendationsWhen charging these batteries make sure are using a charger set for Lithium-ion batteries.
Solar controllers and most modern battery chargers can be set at the correct charge criteria for these batteries