This is a simple replacement solution to the standard 12-volt regular lead-acid battery, except Lithium will give you twice as much usable energy compared to lead-acid and weighs half as much, which is a plus in any caravan or lightweight motorhome.
The advantages of Lithium batteries are now well documented, and as you already know they are much more efficient and faster at absorbing energy during the charge cycle, actually about 10 times faster. Now it is possible to harvest solar energy between cloudy periods much quicker with a solar system, this is important, because the energy input from the solar controller varies hugely between overcast periods and sunny periods, in other word make hay quickly while the sun shines.
Most standard AC 240 to 12 volt DC chargers in existing caravans and motor-homes will only charge these lithium batteries up to about 85% because these chargers were designed for lead-acid batteries, but if you have a modern solar system then it is often possible to change the charge parameters so that the battery gets its full and complete charge through the solar system. If you do not have a solar system then you will have to upgrade your AC charger to one that is capable of dealing with lithium batteries
The batteries come with a built-in battery management system that regulates the cells whilst charging and also has a blue tooth battery monitor that links to an app on your mobile phone, that way you can always tell through the app how much energy you are drawing, the state of charge, battery voltage, etc
- Lightweight compact battery
- No fumes or smells due to the batteries sealed nature
- No need to maintain water levels
- Extraordinary life cycle @ 2000 times
- Built-in the battery management system
- A built-in blue tooth battery monitor links to App on Andriod & iOS
- Bluetooth Communication: via App for Android & iOS
- Size: 525 x 238.5 x 223 mm (L x W x H)
- Discharge cut-off voltage (recommended) 11.2 volt
- Charging cut-off voltage (recommended) 14.4 volt
- 2.5 hour fast recharge time
- Maximum charge current 100A
- Maximum continuous discharge current 150 A
- Capacity: 200Ah
- Weight Approx: 27.5kg
- Discharge temperature range: -20ºC~60ºC
- Charge temperature range: 0ºC~50ºC
- Storage: -20ºC~60ºC
- Average at 25ºC Self-Discharge 6 months
- Please charge batteries before using
- Terminal type E 8mm thread
- 3 Year Factory Warranty
- Bulk charge (stage 1) 14 - 14.8 V
- Absorption charge (stage 2) 14 - 14.8 V
- Float charge (stage 3) 13.3 - 13.8 V
When charging these batteries make sure are using a charger set for Lithium-ion batteries and check you meet the charge criteria data.
Solar controllers and most modern battery chargers can be set at the correct charge criteria for these batteries
The Manufacturer has no obligation under this Limited Warranty for Product subjected to the following conditions (including but not limited to):
· Damage caused during shipping or mishandling of the Product.
· Damage due to improper installation; loose terminal connections, under-sized cabling, incorrect series (cannot be used in series) or parallel connections, reverse polarity connections, or insufficient space for airflow.
· Environmental damage such as inappropriate storage conditions as defined by the Manufacturer, exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures, fire or freezing, or water damage, impact, or collision.
· Damage due to improper operation or maintenance such as under- or over-charging the Product, cold temperature charging, lack of cleaning resulting in corroded terminal connections or build-up of dirt, debris, organic matter, fossil fuels, or chemicals on the Product casing.
· Product that has been opened, modified, or tampered with.
· Tampering or removal of manufacture date codes.
· Product that was used for applications other than which it was designed and intended for by the Manufacturer.
· Product that was under-sized for the application.
This Limited Warranty does not cover a Product that has reached its normal end of life due to usage which may occur prior to the Warranty Period. A battery can deliver only a fixed amount of Energy over its life which will occur over different periods of time depending on the application. The Manufacturer reserves the right to deny a warranty claim if the Product is determined, upon inspection, to be at its normal end of life even if within the Warranty Period.